ABOUT THE ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF INTERVAL & TRANSITION HOUSES
Wrapped in Courage is a campaign organized by the Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses. Created in 2013 with the support of our member organizations, Wrapped in Courage, brings attention to issue of violence against women in Ontario. Every year throughout the month of November we call on all Ontarian's to show support for survivors of women abuse by purchasing a purple scarf from your local women's shelter.
OAITH is a provincial coalition made of up women shelters, second stage housing and community-based women's organizations. We aim to end all forms of violence against all women through public awareness, advocacy, training, education and research.
We recognize that violence and abuse against women and children occurs as a result of unequal power and status of women and children in society. We also recognize that all racism and oppression of women is a form of violence.
We are committed to:
· Removing barriers to equality for all women and children.
· Ensuring the voices and experiences of all abused women are heard when working for social change.
· Increasing awareness through education, public advocacy and empowerment for OAITH member agencies.
· Assisting shelters in offering support and services to women.
· Offering training and resources.
· Working with our equity-seeking allies in the community to end all forms of violence and oppression of women.
Visit our Training Hub to learn how you can support survivors of violence
Visit our Job Board to learn about jobs where you can work to end violence against women